Permanent role (37.5 hrs/week, Hours of operation are currently Mon to Fri 08:00-18:00)
- Negotiable per role, Dependent on experience/qualification
You will have a wide variety of knowledge of ICT technologies, along with an extensive knowledge of the standard Microsoft platforms and applications, including Office 365. The candidate will have the ability to analyse, troubleshoot and diagnose issues and be able to resolve incidents while providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities range from the completion of 1st time fixes, desktop support, network support, server support including client account administration, as well as managing office 365 subscriptions and services.
A sound understanding of infrastructure technology including servers, databases and networks is fundamental for this role.
We are looking for a competent Help desk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems to our customers. You will answer queries on technical issues and offer advice to resolve them both verbally and via remote support tools.
You should have a good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
Our goal is to create value for our customers that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business relationship.
You will be based in our offices at Bellshill with occasional travel to customer sites possible.
- Serving as a point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email and self-service portal.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Typically, the candidate will hold a relevant technical qualification, required certifications and at least 2 years relevant work experience (5+ for Level 3 position)
- Experience in Active Directory, Office 365, and Windows Server technologies including Microsoft product platforms.
- Service Now experience advantageous but not essential.
- ITIL certification also advantageous.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
- Developing and sustaining customer relationships
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedure
- Documentation and knowledge article creation
- Good solid understanding of ITIL practices – incident, problem and change.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for the highest quality individuals who bring the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- Good understanding of IT technologies.
- You form strong and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues with the ability to engage with stakeholders at every level.
- Flexible attitude and thrive in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Demonstrable skills in facilitating workshops, gathering and documenting requirements, translating requirements into business processes, stakeholder engagement, creative thinking, presentation and coaching.
- Ability to learn about new technologies quickly through self-learning.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
TO APPLY, Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the title of the role you are applying for is in the email subject line.
To hear about future roles at NVT Group please fill out the form below and keep an eye on our social media.