Permanent role, full time (37.5 hrs / week; 9 – 5.30)
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Based in our offices at Bellshill with regular travel to customer sites. On occasion national or international travel may be required.
- Experience of delivering IT projects across a broad range of technology platforms
- Working to Prince II (or similar) delivery methodologies
- Delivery of technology and / or business change projects
- Mix of public and private sectors preferred but not essential
- Exposure to a variety of industries e.g. Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Transport, Health advantageous
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent required (or willing to study for)
- ITIL – Foundation Certificate (beneficial)
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
- Developing and sustaining customer relationships
- Leadership and conflict resolution
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritising skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Customer focused mind-set
- Microsoft Suite (including Project, Excel and PowerPoint)
The focus of your role
Your key responsibility is the successful delivery of agreed project scope, cost and quality. Working through the project lifecycle, you will lead project teams, liaise with stakeholders, report regularly, whilst managing risks, dependencies and issues. Collaborating with all NVT departments, our customers and suppliers, you will focus on quality outcomes and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do
Customer focused and bridging the gap between business and technical stakeholders, as an NVT Project Manager, you will working on client projects at the forefront of technology trends. With clients based across Scotland and the UK, you’ll never have a dull moment or find yourself short of challenges!
Reporting to the Head of the Programme Management Office (PMO), you will client projects. Tasks include:
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work with Technical Consultants and Engineers to define solutions
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress; share with customers and other stakeholders as required
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs using NVT’s Project Change Control Process.
- Report and escalate to the Head of PMO
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, stakeholders, third parties/vendors
- Coordinate internal resources (in association with Head of PMO) and third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed project briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks to project team members based on skills and experience
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Create regular project reports (weekly Highlight Report; monthly Project Board packs for example as well as ad-hoc internal and external reporting
- Chair Project Boards
- Create project documentation as required within NVT’s ‘Method Assured Change’ (MAC) change and governance framework.
- Carry out risk, dependency and other workshops as required
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Manage and advise the requirements gathering process by meeting with stakeholders to define the business and functional requirements
- Support our customers in managing business change – Stakeholder Engagement, Change Impact Assessment and Change Readiness.
- Work with the head of PMO to improve project delivery processes
- Support sales pre-sales activities through draft project scoping, planning (tasks and resources) and estimating
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
What you’ll bring
We are looking for the highest quality individuals who bring the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- Good understanding IT technologies.
- You form strong and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues with the ability to engage with stakeholders at every level.
- Flexible attitude and thrive in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Critical thinking
- You can successfully navigate between business speak and technical jargon
- Demonstrable skills in facilitating workshops, gathering and documenting requirements, translating requirements into business processes, stakeholder engagement, creative thinking, presentation and coaching.
- Ability to learn about new technologies quickly through self-learning.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
TO APPLY, Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the title of the role you are applying for is in the email subject line.
To hear about future roles at NVT Group please fill out the form below and keep an eye on our social media.