When working from home there may naturally be some issues in setting up your technology. NVT Group is here to support our clients to ensure there is no disruption to your workflow or productivity.
We cover how to set up VPN Access below. For our full FAQ guide on remote working, please click here.
1. Click on the Cortana search bar or button on the taskbar and type VPN.
2. The top choice should be Change virtual private networks (VPN). You can also open the Settings app and go to Network & Internet > VPN.
3. At the top of the VPN screen in the Settings app, click Add a VPN connection.
4. In the screen that appears, enter the details for your VPN connection. Under “VPN provider”, click on the drop-down menu, and select Windows (built-in). This will also change “VPN type” to Automatic, and “Type of sign-in info” to User name and password.
5. Next fill out the “Connection name” and “Server name or address.”
6. Scroll down this screen and you will see a space to enter your username and password for the VPN. Once the information is entered, click Save, and close the Settings app.
7. Click the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray on your taskbar, and select your newly created VPN connection, which should be right at the top of the list. It should automatically start to connect.
Can’t connect to the VPN?
- Check your internet connection. It may seem obvious, but make sure your network connection is working. In particular, if your Wi-Fi connection is not working, check if your device is actually connected to the correct access point.
- Check your login credentials. Another obvious, but often overlooked, detail is not having the correct or up-to-date login credentials. If you are using a free VPN service, check the website to see if the credentials supplied by the VPN service have changed. Passwords are often updated.
- Close down and restart. If your VPN has its own program, close it down (all the way, make sure it’s not just minimised on your computer), and restart it.
- Log a ticket with the team at NVT Group on:
Service Now Web Portal : https://nvt.service-now.com/nvtsp
Call Customer Service: 08453