What is Software Asset Management (SAM)?
Software Asset Management (SAM) is an integral part of leading organisations’ drive to achieve operational, compliance and cost efficiencies in IT and beyond.
Obtaining an accurate picture of the software which is being used in your organisation and managing those licences effectively allows you to stay fully compliant and means you avoid paying huge penalties to software vendors.
Our SAM managed service provides a dependable outcome delivered through a proven methodology. Our service is unique in the industry in having a mature service provided from a stable set of processes, in-house technology and employee base.
Our whole approach to SAM, via a managed service, is designed to iteratively and consistently deliver value, remove and remediate risk and build our clients’ SAM maturity and capability. Our service model is designed to be flexible and adapt to fit changing requirements. Our ability to maintain a recurring level of benefit and value to each client is key to what we do.
What does our SAM service involve?
When you engage with us your SAM partner, we will quickly establish where your business is placed using a SAM maturity scale. Using a number of discovery tools and data collection methods, we will build as accurate a picture as possible of your software licence positions.
The core elements of the monthly service are:
- Inventory Management Service: For all assets in scope, conversion and normalisation of all raw inventory data (utilising Customer’s tools)
- Contract & Entitlement Management Service
- Non-Instance Management Service
- Effective Licence Position (ELP) Management Service
- Effective Licence Position (ELP) Management Optimisation Service
The following are optional elements:
- Software Licence Management Service: Up to 1000 Service Desk tickets per calendar month.
- Audit Support Service: Available to an organisation for all software vendors for which an Effective Licence Position has been delivered and validated.
- Process Engineering: An initial Full Process Assessment followed by Annual Reviews
FIND OUT MORE
Download the Software Asset Management Solution Overview
Complete the enquiry form below and someone from NVT Group will be in touch to arrange a meeting to discuss your SAM requirements.